PDA

View Full Version : Anxiety making symptoms worse??

Alanaerinclark
02-02-23, 08:00
Hi everyone!

About 5 years ago I started to get an itchy foot. I didn't go to the doctor's or anything, as its an itchy foot. Genuinely didn't think anything of it. Anyway 5 years later and now I've got a whole new bunch of symptoms along with it. My hips are numb (I have had an MRI and they said everything looked fine), my thighs hurt to touch and my feet go bright red and itchy whenever I get out of the shower or the bath.

I seriously don't know what's wrong with me, I keep thinking I'm going to wake up paralysed from the waist down!!

Does anyone have a logical explanation for these symptoms because I'm driving myself crazy with worry.

Thanks in advance x

ankietyjoe
02-02-23, 09:04
Hi everyone!

About 5 years ago I started to get an itchy foot. I didn't go to the doctor's or anything, as its an itchy foot. Genuinely didn't think anything of it. Anyway 5 years later and now I've got a whole new bunch of symptoms along with it. My hips are numb (I have had an MRI and they said everything looked fine), my thighs hurt to touch and my feet go bright red and itchy whenever I get out of the shower or the bath.

I seriously don't know what's wrong with me, I keep thinking I'm going to wake up paralysed from the waist down!!

Does anyone have a logical explanation for these symptoms because I'm driving myself crazy with worry.

Thanks in advance x

Are you sedentary a lot? Do you sit at a desk all day?

1Fizz
02-02-23, 11:56
Hi, sometimes these things take a while to identify, and you've already had an MRI scan to check for certain things. Could it be possible that you have a trapped nerve? I have trapped nerves in one arm and one leg, and I also have sciatica which sends nerve pain down both legs, although one side tends to be worse than the other. Some of the things you've said, sound similar to what I've dealt with in the past with these issues. Obviously, these comments are not intended to diagnose anything, and just based on my own experience. It's understandable that you are worried, and all people can do is tell you their experiences in an attempt too allay your fears.

Hi everyone!

Thanks in advance x