PDA

View Full Version : Migraine - forgot how crap they are!

Catkins
03-02-23, 10:44
It's a good few years since I had a seriously crap migraine, but last night had a real humdinger! Finished work and started driving to an appointment ( face waxing) by the time I pulled up my head was hurting, assumed it was my sinuses and carried onto the appointment. Lay on the couch and was chatting away, started with nausea, started getting hot and sweaty. Thankfully it was a quick appointment, so got back in the car and rushed home, abandoned the car, rushed in, took painkillers, headed to a darkened bedroom with a bowl (completely ignoring the poor dog) and suffered the most god awful pain (involving a lot of rolling around clutching my head) before eventually nodding off. Now I'm suffering the post migraine fatigue and fuzziness.

I really had forgotten how bloody awful migraines are, so much so that I had given up buying migraine relief tablets because it had been so long. Doing a lot of reassurance today that it doesn't mean I'm going to start a phase of having them again, that it's probably because I've been ill this week, had a stressful day at work and really hadn't had time to drink much, probably only a couple of cold half cups of decaf since morning until about 5.15 when it started. Would love to say the reassurance is working completely, but still working on it. Going to try and take it easy today and plod through the day.

BlueIris
03-02-23, 11:06
They're evil, aren't they? Sending love and positive vibes.

Carnation
03-02-23, 16:04
Aww catkins. Sending you a :hugs:
It caught you out of the blue but it probably has peaked and you did all the right things. I'm sure your dog forgives you under the circumstances.
Some tlc won't hurt. And a nap and early night. x

Catkins
03-02-23, 16:13
Thank you both.

Had a really quiet day so far and feeling slightly less disorientated. Definitely an early night tonight! Bloody awful things!

WorryRaptor
03-02-23, 16:14
They truly are horrid. Sending you some :hugs:

Sounds like it was a one off episode due to the things you mentioned. I've had strong ones like that where I was convinced it was going to set off a cluster of them, but it was just because I overdid it that week :)

I hope you're able to take it easy and get some much needed rest.

.Poppy.
03-02-23, 16:23
Hope you are feeling better! They really are awful.

Darksky
03-02-23, 16:54
Sounds as though you’ve ridden over the peak….I imagine the lack of fluid was a factor. Have an easy weekend :hugs:

Catkins
03-02-23, 20:52
Thank you all.

I got severely told off by an ex workmate about it today, she remembers when I had a bad spell with them previously. 'What have I told you! Have a bottle of water beside you all the time and keep sipping it!', it was like getting a telling off from my mum. I guess it's important to remember the little things.

pulisa
03-02-23, 21:05
It's a particularly emotional time of the year for you...and an accumulation of all your stressors will come out in some physical way. Look after yourself this weekend. It's what your mum would want:hugs:

NoraB
04-02-23, 08:37
They're horrible, Catkins. I have chronic migraines (Two days this week) so you have my love and sympathy.

I use those Kool Strips (I should buy them by the pallet load) and use green lens glasses. The bedroom light changes colours so I put the green one on and close the curtains. It does help. X

Catkins
05-02-23, 08:02
I was looking at Kool strips, I'll get some of them too. Thank you.

NoraB
05-02-23, 16:43
I was looking at Kool strips, I'll get some of them too. Thank you.

Just bear in mind that they can shift a little in the night. I've woken up a few times thinking I've had a stroke because I can't see out of one eye, when it's really just my Kool Strip slipped down. :roflmao:

Catkins
06-02-23, 06:07
:roflmao: