PDA

View Full Version : Possible gallbladder issues, very mild, still concerning

ztiger
07-02-23, 18:53
Hi folks!

I could use some support here (probably more emotional than anything else)...

In advance, please forgive some possible TMI and excuse the long message.

37 year old male, have had HA in varying forms for over 15 years, I've referenced other threads here for most of that time when things have been rough. I've also had great success at several points with CBT+therapy.

I recently self-withdrew from lexapro after approximately a year on, I had overcome some major obstacles in my life and it seemed that my anxiety suddenly lifted once those items were settled...that was about a month ago. I have just resumed the medication today as I have an ample supply, I also have capability to get back into therapy quite rapidly.

My fiance just left the state for a 6-month contract job and will not be returning until that completes, he's with the emergency services (NREMT). When he's around and I have concerns, I can ask him questions, and can get answers nearly instantly, now, this is no longer the case.

Almost exactly to the date my fiance left (maybe a day or two earlier), I had a massive, sudden flare-up of HA; nausea, GERD-like symptoms, sour taste in the mouth, slight gassy discomfort recurring at upper right, occasional mild pain in the right shoulder, etc. These have come and gone over the past 8 or 9 days, and now in the last two days, I've started to have bright (but not necessarily pale) yellow BMs. Like a nitwit, I of course did a quick Google, and read multiple places about liver/gallbladder problems. I am overweight (35BMI) and started working on a reasonable weight loss plan (diet change) right after he left (a day or two after the nausea started).

Also possibly worth noting, I did have some very mild itching in hands feet and "other areas" which have since passed. No signs of jaundice. I occasionally get chills that last 10-15 seconds surrounding very mild GI symptoms (sudden gas, pressure, etc). No constant diarrhea, mostly my bowel habits are the same save for the change in color in the last 2 days or so. I did take Pepto Bismol fairly heavily Monday/Tuesday last week which helped me get over a bout of significant nausea. Nausea has been gone and appetite has been back now since about Thursday.

Does this sound like a likely case of anticipatory anxiety and HA flare-up, or should I most definitely go be seen by a GP for the GI issues? My fiance, again an NREMT, believes that I will be fine without -- not asking for folks to overrule him, just want to see if I'm unnecessarily panicking, which history suggests is the case. :-)

Appreciate your time taken to read and respond!

Catkins
08-02-23, 11:15
I've had gallbladder issues, removal and pancreatitis previously. To me it sounds like you're having a flare up of anxiety based on your fiance going away. When I'm anxious it goes straight to my digestive system. Take it easy, be kind to yourself and do all the things that you normally do to distract yourself and relax yourself.

glassgirlw
08-02-23, 22:18
What you’re experiencing doesn’t really scream gallbladder to me. I had mine removed about a year ago and it was debilitating pain that sent me to the ER twice. Horrible lol. Not saying there might not be an issue brewing but I’d for sure start with diet changes and see if the issues resolve. Anxiety can tear up our stomachs so it’s likely this may just be “nervous stomach”.

Flapj
10-02-23, 04:46
Pepto will change your poop color. This is separation anxiety.

ztiger
06-06-23, 23:38
I apologise profusely for never following up with folks here, things improved, and life got in the way! As Flapj so accurately reassured me as did Catkins, this was just separation anxiety, cleared up in a matter of days after it started. I have an unrelated issue now, but I'll post a new thread for that one.

Want to say a huge thanks to all three of you who replied, thanks for making this such a welcoming, supportive community! :)