PDA

View Full Version : Back again with lung cancer fears

lees6655
12-02-23, 12:23
So iam Back here again with lung cancer fears not been on here for a while I try and stay off here of the fear of triggering my health anxiety. So I have had a cough now for a few months had antibiotics but not got rid of it I had a chest x ray 10 days ago not heard anything back yet iam hoping this is a good sign . Been feeling so fed up lately and feeling run down . I have cough constant clearing my throat shortness of breath aching bones aches in my back left side and chest voice sounds a bit funny I know I have had similar problems before and thought I have had lung cancer it just seems to have been going on now for a while .

Punky789
12-02-23, 18:15
Have you had any viruses? Post infectious coughs can last quite a long time.

Or it could be heartburn. I had it terribly in one of my pregnancies and it caused many of the symptoms you described. I truly don't think it is lung cancer. You would have heard something from the x-ray if anything had showed up.

lees6655
12-02-23, 18:23
Hi thanks for your reply Punky789 I have had a few viruses lately and I have been suffering with heartburn quite bad acid reflux

Punky789
14-02-23, 17:48
Ah see, there are two much more logical explanations! I was miserable with my acid reflux. Had no idea what was happening to me when it began! My doctor was able to give me some medication to take and certain lifestyle changes helped, too. I am sure you will find some relief soon!