PDA

View Full Version : Help with feet going asleep and parasthesia

dohertpk
12-02-23, 17:08
I'm having a lot of trouble with my feet at the moment and it would be reassuring to hear from anyone who's experienced anything similar. My feet have started getting pins and needles and falling asleep in bed. This tends to go away after walking about the bedroom for a few moments. However, if I go out for a walk, at about the 10 minute mark I get pins and needles and my feet fall asleep. I know parasthesia is a common anxiety feature but the dead feet while walking is very distressing.

LauraJF
17-02-23, 01:40
Try progressive muscle relaxation and deep breathing exercises. There's videos on youtube you can listen to when you lie down to go to sleep. There's also MP3s. The pins and needles can happen from anxiety and not breathing properly. Progressive muscle relaxation can help your muscles by contracting and then relaxing and there's usually deep breathing exercises included in the videos/mp3s. Try one and let me know if it helps. Acceptance can help also, by accepting that it is just anxiety you might not notice it as much. All of that combined, acceptance plus breathing exercises and progressive muscle relaxation. I do have something similar from anxiety but it's in my legs mostly and I have gotten used to it so I rarely notice it anymore. I discovered that mine is worse if I'm dehydrated so I try to drink enough water during the day.