PDA

View Full Version : Strange arm pain/sensation - breast?

Lana
14-02-23, 18:20
Hello all, I have not been here for quite some time, but,that, unfortunately, does not mean that my HA disappeared.

Since yesterday morning I get some really strange pinch like pain on the inside part of my upper left arm, when i put it down. The feeling does not appear every time, it actually depends which spot on the inside of my arm touches the side of my breast. It is not breast pain, it is definitely in my arm , upper, inside. I happened to be at my dermatologist yesterday morning, and since he knows me and is a very kind doctor, I told him about this , and asked him to feel it. It is basically the muscle area of the inside of my upper left arm. He touched it, and also sensed my right arm to compare. He said he could not feel any difference or swelling.

But it is still here. I am scared that somehow it may be related to my breast, but I really cannot explain why I think that. Maybe because I cannot find any explanation on why would this one spot in my arm hurt when sort of pressed against my side? I am very scared and do not know what to do. I keep on pressing my arms to my sides, and sometimes, not all the time, when it hits a very specific spot on my left arm, I can feel the pain ( like a small pinch). It is even hard to explain. I do not know whether to go to my GP, or wait for this to go away - maybe it will. The worst thing is that I think it has something to do with my breast.

What shall I do? I could really use a friendly piece of advice.

Thank you in advance. :weep:

flygirl767
14-02-23, 20:55
I had this a few months ago. No idea what it was, it lasted a few weeks and the more i thought about it the worse it got! It just went away on its own in the end. It's definitely nothing to do with your breast so don't worry about that. Hope that helps a bit.

Lana
15-02-23, 13:39
Flygirl, thank you so much for your response. I sent you a PM, I hope you do not mind.

Lana

Lana
15-02-23, 14:17
Also, now I think it may be sarcoma, and I am petrified. But doctor who felt it, did not find a lump. But, to me now it looks as if that part of the arm is little bigger than the same spot on the other arm.

Lana
16-02-23, 19:18
So I saw my GP today, because the pain is still there, and I cannot rest. He felt it, and said that there is definitely no mass or swelling, but, he gave me a referral for Upper arm X Ray. He said that would pretty much exclude anything bad, except for a blood clot. I am now really scared. Maybe I should have not gone to him at all. He also says if the X Ray is normal, and the pain continues, he would order ultra sound, or blood vessel flow test. I hate it. It was not my regular GP, who was not available, but another practitioner at the practice. Why did I go. why? Any comforting words are welcome.

Spider64
08-05-23, 15:27
Hey Lana, I could have written this post myself!
I feel this pain too and like you worry that it’s my breast. I had a horrible year last year after noticing a change in my breast. Had two mammograms, ulstrasound and been back and forwards to doctor because I’m still worried sick.
I also have shoulder pain now too on the same side and this pinching pain under my upper arm. I feel as if my arm is bigger on that side too but saw a locus doctor in March who thoroughly examined me and said she had no cause for concern. Why do I not feel reassured?
HA is awful and the fear that something has been missed is scaring the life out of me.
������