PDA

View Full Version : Winners

Bill
26-11-07, 01:21
Why do some professional sports people always appear to win tight matches when others fail after getting so close?-

Yes, it comes down to ability but there's more to it than that.

I know I refer to sport a lot but I feel there are lessons to be learnt if we follow their example.

I don't normally but I've been watching darts lately. The man who won the competition was interviewed.

He was asked, how did he keep so composed under so much pressure? He said he took lots of deep breaths to control his nerves. He kept on top of the nerves Before they started as prevention rather than cure.

He was then asked how he learnt to be so accurate? Practise and more practise to be consistent so that he had belief in his own abilities.

It was then said how many competitions he'd won and that in the next few days he'd be competing in one after the other. Winning then becomes a habit because you feel so confident that you can't be beaten.

Self doubt isn't allowed to surface because the practise, self belief, breathing techniques, the habit of winning and positive thinking have created self confidence so that he doesn't tense up or panic in the tight situations. That way he controls his fear and so has a better chance of always being a winner.:winks: