PDA

View Full Version : Front of neck rash

nhelen79
15-02-23, 19:55
Ever since I got over Covid 2 months ago, I feel like my body keeps on having issues.
Like 2 weeks ago I start having itchy neck rash in the front/near the middle. My front of neck skin get red randomly when I’m anxious or hot before this incident but it wasn’t too bad nor itchy like a rash.

This time, I went to doctor and she gave me a cortisone cream for a week. Itchiness goes away. Those red spots resulted of my son scratching me by accident still there. The skin in the front of the neck still randomly red though. It was fine 2 days ago. Then now it’s reddish/pinkish again since I woke up this morning.

I’m trying not to be anxious too much but looks like the cream doesn’t work except for the itchiness. I will talk to her again but anyone ever has something similar and turns out not a systematic issue (other scary stuff)? I asked the doctor. She said since it’s localized in the front middle of the neck/upper chest, she doesn’t think it’s something systemic to do blood tests last week when I saw her. My dermatologist appointment is 2 weeks away. 😩

Thanks for reading
Helen

LauraJF
17-02-23, 15:31
I read that rashes from covid are common and they can take a while to go away. Being anxious about it will make you notice it more and anxiety can cause rashes too. A stress rash is called urticaria. I found this for you. Covid can cause stress to your body. I ended up with a covid bald spot last year. Relaxation exercises and acceptance might help. Give the rash time to go away. It's good that you saw your doctor about the rash.

"COVID can also cause a very itchy, large rash called urticaria; also known as nettle rash or hives. It can appear suddenly as smooth bumps on the skin which can come and go quite quickly. This can happen when you first have COVID but can last for months. If it is an issue, treatment with moisturising or steroid creams can help. Antihistamine tablets from a chemist can also help with the itch."

nhelen79
28-02-23, 21:10
Thank you. I no longer have itchiness. However, part of my front neck skin still become reddish/pinkish whenever I’m anxious, hot or just get out of the shower. Thinking of going to a dermatologist stress me out too.