PDA

View Full Version : Looking for support while waiting for important test results- so scared

Foreverworried093
16-02-23, 17:47
Hi everyone, i’ve been having shortness of breath for weeks along with dizziness/palpitations and some pain breathing in. I’ve been through a lot of testing, and so far it seems like anxiety but my GYN wanted me to get one last test to check for blood clots in my lungs since I was on birth control pills recently. It’s called a d dimer blood test. I keep reading that it gives false positives a lot, and now i’m terrified it will be a false positive and cause me more anxiety/testing. I have a lot of minor underlying health issues so i’m scared they will affect it. I’m just looking for some support because i’m really really worried.

joe23_martin
16-02-23, 19:01
I know that is very difficult going through a wait for test results. However at this point you can't do much more and you can't control anything. So try and take some solace in the fact that it more than likely is just anxiety (me and my mum suffer the same occassionally) but the mind makes you think worse case scenario.

Also, if it was something like a blood clot. At least you will know now and it can be treated and your problems will be over!

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

Foreverworried093
16-02-23, 21:27
You’re 100% right. Thank you so much for responding and talking some sense into me. I am going to try and remain calm. I hope you are doing well