PDA

View Full Version : Celexa troubles

Claire is scared
26-11-07, 04:54
I've been having some trouble with Celexa. I take 5mg in addition to 1.5mg of Klonopin. My main issues are extreme tiredness, headaches, and not being able to eat. I am unable to perform any daily regular daily functions due to these effects. I have felt no improvement in my anxiety, although I understand it can take awhile with SSRI's. I've been on it for almost 4 weeks now. At this point I am trying to decide if I should stick it out longer to see if the side effects would subside and perhaps be able to raise my dose to a therapeutic level or if it's time to throw in the towel.

My therapist wanted me to try the Celexa in the pm vs. am. This didn't change much. Then I scaled back my dose of Klonopin by .5. This helped a bit, but still not much. She doesn't want me to scale back anymore on the Klonopin. I have been unable to see her due to the holiday and I won't be seeing her this week due to financial constraints, so I have phoned her to get her opinion.

In the meantime I'm hoping someone might be able to give their insight. Would a few more weeks get rid of such symptoms experienced on only 5mg or is obvious that this drug isn't the right one for me? The big red light for me is the extremeness of the effects on such a low dose- why would a few more weeks make that go away if it hasn't already? Would Lexapro be a better choice? I've tried a few other SSRI's that did not work either, so my options are limited. At this point I'm falling into despair feeling like nothing is working. I feel 'untreatable'. I've tried everything and I'm just not getting results. I've even thought of just getting off the meds all together, but I honestly don't think I would be functioning at all, even though my level of functioning is quite low as is. I just want to get better like we all do, so any advice would be greatly appreciated.