PDA

View Full Version : Really worries about soft red lump on my scalp - any help appreciated!

liamliam
20-02-23, 12:14
28 y/o Male - A few days ago, I felt a painless movable lump on my scalp, just above my ear that was soft to the touch. At first, I thought it was a pimple so ended up squeezing it - no doubt inflaming the area further.

I asked my friend to take a look and he was unsure what it might be. I've taken a few photographs as I can't actually see it in person because of its location. I've got a dermatologist appointment booked for in a week, but I'm going slightly crazy worrying it may be c (my worry for everything). I have noticed my hair getting quite oily over the last month, so I'm wondering if that has anything to do with it.

Here are some pictures - https://imgur.com/a/M9KeUtG - (My hair is wet in pic 1 & 2)

Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated as I'm loosing my mind!

ServerError
20-02-23, 13:22
Wouldn't surprise me if that is a seborrheic keratosis. I have a few on my head. Completely harmless.

Catkins
20-02-23, 17:17
It could be a cyst, I regularly get those.

spectrum123
20-02-23, 18:07
I get cysts on my bonce. Due at the Dr's for inspection of the latest one I've had for about 6-7 years to see if it's time for that one to depart my napper.