PDA

View Full Version : Blood in stool, trying not to spiral. Please respond.

bunny11
21-02-23, 20:57
Hello,

27F. 5'3. White. Non-smoker. Rarely Drink. No Meds.

A couple of months ago (Mid-December) I started having random pain in my upper abdomen right under my ribs (slightly left-sided). One day it was so bad that I went to the ER where they did a full abdominal CT with contrast and found nothing, but said I could have an ulcer and to follow up with my GP.

It took about a month and a half to get into my GP, in the meantime, the pain became more regular and sometimes it felt like a burning pain. Sometimes it felt like a sharp pain or cramp. Always in the same spot. It woke me up a few times at night. I am also constantly burping, even when I wake up and it has been hours without food. I am eating a very bland diet now. Given my symptoms, I thought I had an ulcer.

In the meantime, I have been having constipation around once a week to where I was having trouble finishing going to the bathroom. My GP referred me to a Gastro, but I can not get in until March 13th, so I am 3 weeks out. I have been on Mirilax and have been going regularly for about 2 days.

This morning, I woke up bloated and when I used the bathroom it appeared to be a small, light streak of light red on the surface of my stool. So now I am super anxious thinking it could be something more sinister than an ulcer? I cut out all red foods and tomato products about a week ago.

Could an ulcer cause Blood in stool? What are the odds I’m having these things independently?