PDA

View Full Version : I'm in the worst situation of my life and I need help (money/health)

Whizz
22-02-23, 19:10
Well. I've no idea where to turn or who to speak to. A relative is in ICU and I am trying to manage their financial affairs but i was never added as a signatory and I cannot ensure all of their bills are paid as money needs to be transferred but as I say, no account access! I enquired about getting control of their finances but I don't have the money to submit the application and it will take up to 18wks to get the first application looked at and then there is another application I have to make in order to be granted temporary access.

I just don't know what to do as I've got nobody else to help. I'll ask if I can do a payment plan with them to get the application rolling but untill then I'm totally stuck and fear their finances will spiral out of control.

Scass
23-02-23, 07:42
I don’t know what country you are in, but if you’re in the UK and the person is over 55, you can ask. age Uk for advice. I hope you get some help soon.

Whizz
09-03-23, 21:54
Excellent idea, thanks!