View Full Version : Weird spot in vision that comes and goes. Going insane.

Mark8800
24-02-23, 20:25
So I don’t know if this is something I’ve had for a while and I’m now just noticing it. But if I look at a blank phone screen. Doesn’t matter if it’s black grey or white. Or if I look at my white walls and tan walls. After a couple seconds. (Sometimes it takes longer) I’ll notice this tiny blob of darkness pop up and it goes away just as quickly. It looks like it grows then shrinks in the matter of a second. Even if I’m in the pitch black room. I’ll notice it as a light. Almost like it’s in a negative filter. My mind has me thinking it’s a brain tumor but someone told me that if it was a brain tumor, it would be constant and gradually get worse over time. Not on and off. Not sure how true that is. Maybe you all can give your thoughts on that. The size of this black spot is not really that big. Maybe about the size of half a kernel of popcorn that’s unpopped. So not very big. It’s not a floater because I think floaters move around but as soon as I look away or blink it’s gone. It doesn’t move. It just disappears. Now I’m focusing on it so I notice it more and it’s driving me crazy. I feel so on edge. I have an eye doctor appointment on Monday. But I’m so scared this is gonna be caused by a brain tumor. I do sometimes have brain zaps and vertigo. But I had these years ago and had an mri or ct scan of my head done in the er in October of 2020 and they said it was clear. So I’m not sure if this is something new. I’m nearsighted and haven’t had my glasses since I was 14. I’m 24 now so maybe this is the cause?? Please if anyone can help me.