PDA

View Full Version : Chest / lung concerns

Bronte007
26-02-23, 23:24
I hope someone can help / reassure me.
My colleague had covid the week before Xmas and while I didn’t feel well I did not test positive. The week after Xmas I felt very breathless and my oxygen sats were 93 so I went to doctors and he said I had a chest infection and gave antibiotics. 10 days later still not better do had a stronger course of antibiotics. I was still breathless and had a chest X-ray that indicated infection. I then had a blood test that suggested a Pulmonary embolism. I had a CT but no PE but showed shadow on lung . Doctors bit confused as blood tests don’t indicate infection. I have to have another X-ray mid March. I still feel breathless at times - when it’s cold or I go for a brisk walk. I also have a feeling of indigestion a lot of the time . My sats are now mostly between 95 and 97. Has anyone else had this go on for so long ? Worried about lung cancer !

ankietyjoe
27-02-23, 22:23
If you've had a chest infection bad enough to require 2 sets of antibiotics, and are experiencing the after effects of a serious chest infection, how are you possibly making the connection with lung cancer?!?! Especially as you've been checked over, had X-rays and blood tests.

Your O2 is fine now. Just let it heal.

Bronte007
27-02-23, 23:37
Thank you 😊
I know it sounds extreme but suffering from HA always makes me think of the worst - why were they not sure ? Have they missed something? Etc …..😩

ankietyjoe
28-02-23, 08:48
why were they not sure ? Have they missed something? Etc …..

That's just the nature of medicine, like it or not.

Human physiology is a million things interacting with a million other things, all controlled by a semi automatic consciousness that can affect each of those billion(s) things in unpredictable ways.

In other words, if you think negative, you'll feel like shit.

NoraB
02-03-23, 13:46
Human physiology is a million things interacting with a million other things, all controlled by a semi automatic consciousness that can affect each of those billion(s) things in unpredictable ways.

In other words, if you think negative, you'll feel like shit.

Really great comment, Joe...

Jonathanbrsc
14-05-23, 11:22
Thank you 😊
I know it sounds extreme but suffering from HA always makes me think of the worst - why were they not sure ? Have they missed something? Etc …..😩

How are you now?