PDA

View Full Version : huge fear of perforation after endoscopy (just happened)

Willtyler
06-03-23, 19:16
Thanks for reading and I’ll try to keep this short!

My primary doctor thought I should get an endoscopy for my on going symptoms (trouble swallowing, painful swallowing, chest/stomach pain, heartburn, etc).

I was for it and I just got back from the hospital and it’s been about an hour since my endoscopy ended.

I have some stomach pain and when I looked it up and asked the doctors they said that’s uncommon. I also feel off (probably because of the anesthesia) but my stomach, neck and head hurt and it’s only been an hour after the endoscopy procedure. I’ve always been getting random intense stab pains by my rib age / side / front of body.

I’ve heard horror stories of people dying from an endoscopy perforation and I’m worried. I’m a 24 year old male so I’m not older but it can happen to anyone.

Please offer suggestions in comments ASAP if you can, thank you so much!

Scass
06-03-23, 21:20
I remember being quite uncomfortable and bloated after mine. I definitely had some pain. I think being tense doesn’t help either as it makes your muscles sore.

Willtyler
07-03-23, 00:00
I remember being quite uncomfortable and bloated after mine. I definitely had some pain. I think being tense doesn’t help either as it makes your muscles sore.

How long did your pain last and in what areas?