PDA

View Full Version : Had a fall, little worried about a brain bleed

joe23_martin
06-03-23, 19:50
Hi,

So on saturday I got to drunk to quick. My fiancee said let's go and as I stood up my legs went and I passed out wacked the floor. Evidently my hip and ribs took a part of the fall as I have some bruising in those areas.

However, I also hit my head and that made a thud apparently.

I believe I was on my back unconcious for 5 seconds and then rolled onto my side and was then talking ok. I then proceeded to be assisted out the club and within minutes of fresh air and water I was walking with some support and even corrected my partners directions to the hotel.

I did not have any ringing, dizziness, balance is fine etc

Woke up next morning bit of a sore head but no real headache.

I was triaged today on a telephone call with GP who said it sounds like a minor head injury just take it easy and monitor it. Also went the opticians (for whatever thats worth) eyes fine with them.

However, I find the back of my head aching and some tension and pressure comes on occassionally. Especially after walking etc. I feel a little more spaced out than usual also but can still do my tasks etc.

As the title says, im worried about a bleed on brain. Is what im experiencing common place with a minor head inury and not a concussion?

Thanks in advance

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

NoraB
07-03-23, 14:10
Your post is coherent; you don't appear to be confused. In fact, you have no symptoms at all aside some soreness which is to be expected...:shrug:

Just monitor it like the GP says...

WorryRaptor
07-03-23, 18:02
Doesn't sound like anything that would suggest a brain bleed.

Sounds like your pain is just tenderness from falling. The slightly sore head could very likely have been from overindulging the day before :)
The pressure and tension could be from your neck muscles, which might have tensed up when or after you fell. When you move about, you might be aggravating them a little which is causing the pressure.

Keep an eye on it, but if you're not losing balance, speech, or vision, and you're not falling over, you're probably just a but sore from the fall.

joe23_martin
07-03-23, 23:03
I have had no loss of balance, dizziness, vision issues etc. Headaches are also less today and tenderness has subsided abit also. So I am calming down, just got in a tizz more than likely

joe23_martin
08-03-23, 21:22
Just following up on here, I felt much better yesterday and this morning. However, I had an interview today and my entire neck ceased up during it. Then my head proceeded to ache, specfically where it was tender. Should I be concered that stress/anxiety made the my neck do that and headache/pain around the area I wacked it return?

NoraB
09-03-23, 06:49
It's an injury, and it will take time to go back to normal..

If you tense the neck muscles when you're anxious, then this can affect your head where it's tender. Tensing the neck muscles alone can cause a headache, so you're worrying over nothing here...