PDA

View Full Version : First Anxiety Attack/Panic In Four Years.

Pkstracy
15-03-23, 05:28
Wow, tonight I had a major anxiety/panic attack, been under stress lately, with my mom dying anytime now, my husband and I about to move, trying to get things packed, I started shaking, and feeling stomach pains, and got sick to my stomach, was talking really fast, and got cold chills, I couldn't tell if I was also having an IBS flareup, or is this part of the anxiety/panic, I keep feeling also like my throat wants to close everytime I start to speak, I feel like I have mucus coating my throat, I am almost calmed down but not quite, yesterday I also got panicked because I couldn't get the word feature out when I was talking to my husband about a setting on an appliance and I am like omg am I getting dementia, as my mom was diagnosed and I have to remember hers is caused by her brain tumor, and it doesn't run in our family, I just turned 50 and am under stress with all I just mentioned, I hate having GAD as well as the other issues I have...I am doing calm breathing and just trying to focus on other things.

ankietyjoe
15-03-23, 08:56
Wow, tonight I had a major anxiety/panic attack, been under stress lately, with my mom dying anytime now, my husband and I about to move, trying to get things packed, I started shaking, and feeling stomach pains, and got sick to my stomach, was talking really fast, and got cold chills, I couldn't tell if I was also having an IBS flareup, or is this part of the anxiety/panic, I keep feeling also like my throat wants to close everytime I start to speak, I feel like I have mucus coating my throat, I am almost calmed down but not quite, yesterday I also got panicked because I couldn't get the word feature out when I was talking to my husband about a setting on an appliance and I am like omg am I getting dementia, as my mom was diagnosed and I have to remember hers is caused by her brain tumor, and it doesn't run in our family, I just turned 50 and am under stress with all I just mentioned, I hate having GAD as well as the other issues I have...I am doing calm breathing and just trying to focus on other things.

You have accurately described a number of reasons to feel stressed and anxious.

I've found that IBS and stress are intertwined, one can easily cause the other.

I think the only way to get through times like these is to remind yourself that the stress is temporary (even if it goes on for a while) and eventually things will become calmer again. In the meantime it's about using coping mechanisms and trying to identify the little wins in the day. Luckily I still have an 8 year old at home that provides me with all the 'little wins' I need! :)

Pkstracy
15-03-23, 10:25
Hi,
JOe thank you, I am trying, it's raining right now and our roof is leaking so hubby and I have to take two hour shifts to bail buckets and make sure they don't overflow, my stomach is a bit tender and the anxiety isn't helping, I just got sick to my tummy again as I just had a break down sobbing and getting upset, I so cannot wait to move out of this dump we are living in, the landlord won't fix anything, and my health anxiety is flaring up thinking there is something wrong with me, but I am having no other issues other than burping a tummy pain level 2