PDA

View Full Version : Blood on wet wipe when I wiped

yummyestomach
17-03-23, 01:37
Can a normal stool cause bleeding?

This morning I had a normal-ish stool compared to the ones I have been having which have been very soft and loose. I noticed two or three normal-ish shaped stools a week since I been eating a better diet.

This morning, I did have some blood on the wet wipe. It was only one small bright red dot per wipe and after the third wipe, there was no more blood. I also don’t remember feeling any pain. Just wondering if this is common with ibs? The last time I saw blood when wiping was about a week ago (and it was somewhat itchy that day) and it didn’t happen again until today. I did have it over a year ago also but it didn’t happen again until recently.

I have been very stressed lately with health anxiety and assuming I have CC instead of ibs with abdominal pain when stretching, excessive gas, and the loose stools. I have a doctors appointment for next week.

BlueIris
17-03-23, 04:32
Would lay money on it being piles or a fissure.

MinnieMop
17-03-23, 07:54
Yes a normal stool can cause blood. I have a tiny fissure (never seen it, but occasionally feel a bit of a stinging sensation when passing a bowel movement) and when that happens I get a tiny bit of bright red blood on paper. To be honest it’s never bothered me. If it’s something that’s going to cause you sleepless nights though it’s easy to do a FIT test (where you send off a smear of poop and they check it for minute traces of blood). You might be able to get one through your gp but also easy to order private ones online.

ankietyjoe
17-03-23, 09:13
Extremely common.

I've had this on and off for 30 years or more. Related to stress/digestive issues. I'm still alive!

If the blood is red and recognisable as blood, it's fine (I'm not a Doctor, please check with an ACTUAL Doctor if it's bothering you!! :yesyes:)