PDA

View Full Version : Under eye twitch driving me insane

Sar89
17-03-23, 22:46
Hi guys, so title speaks for its self 🤣 basically I had a weird twitch in my eye that lasted for like a week it was in my eye socket but above my eye it was bizarre, I chalked it up as one of those weird things and it stopped. Then a week of no twitch’s then my under eye in like the eye bag are is just like quivering twitching. It’s lasted so far about 2 weeks. Some days I wake up with it quivering then it will ease and it will flit on and off throughout day then really start up again at night. Some days it’s there nearly all day apart from like half hour to hour gaps where it stops. I went to doctors today as I have developed a dreadful sore throat yesterday and mentioned it to him. He asked was I stressed, I don’t feel any more stressed then normal ? No current health anxiety fears apart, diet pretty ok good varied diet, could do with eating less sweets and crisps at night ! He then said he wanted me to get a thyroid blood test but I just fail to see the correlation. I know eye twitching is a rare symptoms of overactive thyroid but I seriously doubt I have an over active one as I’m borderline chubby ect. It’s really annoying me. My sister was talking to me yesterday and was like eeee ur eyebag is just flickering away 🤣 it’s really starting to infuriate me. Any ideas guys ?

Flapj
20-03-23, 04:15
BFS. It’s nothing. Very common. Pops up and then disappears when you least expect it. Often brought on by stress.

NoraB
20-03-23, 07:22
Eye twitching can be as simple as anxiety, or a blocked tear duct - especially if you wear make-up.

Try using an eye-mask that you heat in the microwave...

Scass
20-03-23, 08:02
Every so often I have an allergic reaction to something in my make up bag & my eye itches & waters for a couple of days and then does this twitching for a week or 2. It’ll pass don’t worry.

Pkstracy
22-03-23, 11:21
Eye flutters, twitching, can be caused by stress, to much screen time, not enough sleep, dry eye. I am having this now upper left eye, right corner, near my nose, I have had little sleep, and a lot of stress due to packing and moving, not enough sleep, as I have been staying up all night when it rains to bail buckets of water due to a leaky roof at my soon to be ex apartment.

Sar89
22-03-23, 22:05
Hi guys, sorry for late reply, I wish there was an app for nmp, I didn’t know I had replies! I suppose I always think I’m not stressed/anxious but I probably am. I think there is probably always a bit of low grade stress in my life in one form or another. Iv spent the past week pondering if I’m getting early dementia because I keep forgetting words, getting them mixed up or saying them wrong. I don’t like it at all. I doubt that has helped my eye twitch !

Cusper
29-03-23, 21:26
Magnesium Bisglycinate works well with eye twitches or twitching in general. It relaxes your system. Also, if you are consuming lots of caffeine that will do it too. If you are particularly stressed, even a little caffeine can do it. I get this lots. Since I gave up caffeine I no longer get it. I really miss the caffeine but I do have less anxiety than I usually do.