PDA

View Full Version : HA is back, lump under skin on leg

BrokenGirl
18-03-23, 19:12
I haven't been doing too bad in recent months with my health anxiety, have been managing it quite well but it hit me out of nowhere again earlier today.
I'm trying so hard to use the tools I've learnt and to talk myself through it but it's getting the better of me this time.
It's about my son, who's 21. I often find it can be harder when it's about my kids than myself.
Whatever way I looked at his leg I'm almost certain I saw a lump under the skin on his leg, about halfway between his knee and his ankle. He's wearing a short pants today and I've tried to look at it a few times without making it obvious I'm looking.
I know my husband had something similar years ago, I panicked about it but thankfully it turned out to be nothing.
This just seems to have set me right back, bringing back all the fears as bad as they've every been with me. Even posting about it here is a sign that's it really getting to me and worrying me.
And I'm aware that my logical thinking is now gone out the window, I'm in that scared to death zone and my thoughts are all over the place.
Any advice on what I should do now to handle this. Do I say something to him or just leave it? I'm really so disgusted I have these HA feelings back again

BrokenGirl
20-03-23, 11:30
I'm really worried about this and I don't know if I should be, or do I just leave it. With my HA I never know what is an over reaction. He sweats a lot in bed and last night had a bad night with it so his sheets had to be changed this morning.
Does anyone have any opinions on this? I just don't know do I say anything or what would a person with no HA do?

nomorepanic
20-03-23, 12:18
It's his body at the end of the day so really you should let him decide whether it needs looking at or not.

You don't want to be passing on your HA worries to him by making a thing out of it.

JulieJay92
20-03-23, 13:12
if it helps any, i had these and turned out to be benign cysts (sebacious cyst unsure of spelling)

dont worry