celticlass62
19-03-23, 08:33
Happy Mothers day to all the mums on no more panic
I Hope you have a lovely day and get spoiled
lots of love to you all
celticlass xxx :hugs::hugs:

NoraB
19-03-23, 08:53
Indeed, and here's some love to all those on NMP who no longer have a mother to spoil.

Have a big hug from ol' Nora. :hugs:

Here's another hug to the mothers of children (grown men in my case) who can't find their way into a card shop and the Post Office. :lac:

pulisa
19-03-23, 14:06
It's a hard day for those of us who miss their mums...

Shame on your man boys though..They will have to have very good excuses lined up once confronted:D

Darksky
19-03-23, 17:22
I asked my youngest man boy, where my card was and he replied ‘Tescos’:roflmao:

He was joking but it wouldn’t have surprised me.

fishman65
19-03-23, 18:46
Mrs F got a card from me despite her not being my mother. Nothing from daughter though. Where would we be without mothers? Mine would have been 90 yesterday.

pulisa
19-03-23, 19:55
Mine would have been coming up to 102. She never met her granddaughter but helped me so much with her grandson in his first few years when he had so much surgery at GOSH to create an oesophagus. The sad thing is that my son barely remembers her.

Catkins
20-03-23, 06:38
I took a pot of early flowering carnations up to my mums grave yesterday morning, had a little chat with her and then a walk round the cemetery. It's a very busy place on mother's day.

NoraB
20-03-23, 06:59
It's a hard day for those of us who miss their mums...

Shame on your man boys though..They will have to have very good excuses lined up once confronted:D

I got two text messages...

One son says he'll give me his card when he sees me..

Other son says, 'It's in the post'.

This is the norm, tbh. I have tried to explain to them that Mother's Day is a sad day because I longer have a Mother to spoil, but when there's only one card on the mantle on Mothering Sunday that hurts too. (I cry and everything) :weep:

My youngest came though for me though...

I walked downstairs to a card he'd made for me (which I will treasure) and a pair of gloves he's bought me with his pocket money, bless him.

He wrote...

To Mum,

Please continue being the great mum you are! (First read-through, I thought he'd written 'mug' lol) :roflmao: