PDA

View Full Version : I'm soprano and i'm new

soprano
26-11-07, 15:38
i have had a panic attack on stage a few years ago, after which i really wanted to die. i managed to get stronger, with the help of psychotherapy and citalopram (10mg a day). i decided to stop the medication in the summer and am now experiancing a terrible downfall. yesterday i decided, on my own, to gradually get back on the meds (starting with 5mg a day) because i cant bare to be in this situation any longer. i have a very stressful life, with a lot of performances and i am feeling so week. i had a nervous breakdown 2 and half weeks ago, after having a very difficult premiere and rehearsal phase. since then, going on stage is so scary and exhausting for me, i want to run away and disappear. today is yet another bad day, woke up feeling completely paralized, not able to do anything other that cry and read in bed. yeah, thats about it. i really hope to get some tips or to just hear that there are other people in the world who know what i am going through.

manmoor
26-11-07, 15:48
Hi Soprano,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Nibbles
26-11-07, 16:30
Hi Soprano and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. It sounds like you've been through a tough time, the links on the left are a great place to start.

Take care,

Mike :)

trac67
26-11-07, 16:45
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

Take care

Trac xxx

IrishPrincess
26-11-07, 16:52
Hiya Soprano,
A big welcome to u:hugs: .Sorry to hear ur having a hard time but this website is very helpful,there are all kinds of ppl from all walks of life who are all going through the same things.

IrishPrincess:hugs:

Keep your heart open to dreams,
For as long as there's a dream,
There is hope,
And as long as there's hope,
There is joy in living.

Lindalou64
26-11-07, 17:38
HELLO SOPRANO AND WELCOME YES I CAN RELATE JUST KNOW THIS IT WILL SUBSIDE IT DID BEFORE AND IT WILL AGAIN I WISH YOU WELL.......LINDA

nomorepanic
26-11-07, 18:56
Hi Soprano

:welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help.

groovygranny
26-11-07, 19:50
Hello soprano:welcome: to you!

That all sounds very scary indeed - but you're among people who understand here.

The information mentioned previously went a long way to helping me understand what was happening to me. Once you know how your body and mind react to certain panic-y situations, you can then start to deal with them - small step by small step.

You'll find plenty of help and support here, so I hope you'll be feeling a lot better soon.

Pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

Joe1981
28-11-07, 04:52
Hi Soprano! Welcome to the site!

Pink Princess
29-11-07, 01:01
http://www.stormymoongraphics.com/caimages/Toodles%20Welcome%20Graphic.gif
take good care hope to see you around xxx