PDA

View Full Version : Twitching under right eye

Jo3016
21-03-23, 22:40
Hi all

Haven't been on here for a while and am trying to stay on top of things.

But a twitch under my eye is causing me some anxiety and stress and I am starting to worry that it might have a sinister cause! I had it for the first time just before Christmas and it lasted about 3 weeks and then disappeared for about a month. Since the beginning of Feb, it has been here every day. My eyes feel sore and tired and gritty all the time and the twitch happens regularly. Every time it happens, it stresses me out and it gets worse! My eye test at the beginning of December (just before it started) showed healthy eyes with no issues.

Can anyone identify with this? Can twitches last this long?

Thank you

nomorepanic
21-03-23, 23:35
loads of posts on here about this so have a search and you will get the answers you need

NoraB
22-03-23, 07:22
Hi all

Haven't been on here for a while and am trying to stay on top of things.

But a twitch under my eye is causing me some anxiety and stress and I am starting to worry that it might have a sinister cause! I had it for the first time just before Christmas and it lasted about 3 weeks and then disappeared for about a month. Since the beginning of Feb, it has been here every day. My eyes feel sore and tired and gritty all the time and the twitch happens regularly. Every time it happens, it stresses me out and it gets worse! My eye test at the beginning of December (just before it started) showed healthy eyes with no issues.

Can anyone identify with this? Can twitches last this long?

Thank you

HA is good isn't it?

I've had eye twitches last for several months at a time..

It is a frustrating symptom, for sure, but you can do things to help yourself..

Try using an eye pad that you heat up in the microwave. This helps with mine..

The more you fixate (and stress out) on this symptom, the worse it will be.

Your eyes are healthy, and that's all you need to 'focus' on...:winks: