PDA

View Full Version : Test for possible blood in urine.

NinnieRitchie
26-03-23, 16:56
A couple of days ago I had light pink pee. I'm sure I've had this before, but not really worried about it. Now I'm scared. I eat a lot of berries most days and haven't noticed them affecting my pee colour before. Has this happened to anyone else? I spoke with my GP surgery and they said they'll do a urine test, although as it's just a one off, they're not worried. I keep thinking it's happened before, but can't help wondering why I would have ignored it before......Obviously I'm imagining the worst.

Fishmanpa
26-03-23, 18:29
I saw this thread/subject and could swear I saw it earlier and it got replies. In fact Nic replied if I recall correctly that berries can sometimes alter urine color... I looked but couldn't find it... anyway....

"Told Ya So" gang on standby ;)

FMP

NinnieRitchie
26-03-23, 21:05
I saw this thread/subject and could swear I saw it earlier and it got replies. In fact Nic replied if I recall correctly that berries can sometimes alter urine color... I looked but couldn't find it... anyway....

"Told Ya So" gang on standby ;)

FMP

When I spoke to the nurse at the surgery, she said berries don't affect the colour of your urine......I moved it, as I thought it was more appropriate to HA.....

NinnieRitchie
28-03-23, 09:28
Took my sample in yesterday and the receptionist said I'd get a call later in the day to advise results of an initial dip test. Heard nothing, so have chased up via an e consult. Having a glass of wine for breakfast to calm my nerves. I know it's wrong, but it's what I do.......😔

BlueIris
28-03-23, 09:51
Not something to be smiling about. You need to find better coping strategies than breakfast booze, which is way more worrying than pink pee.

NinnieRitchie
28-03-23, 09:58
It's a sad face. I know it's wrong and I AM working on it.

BlueIris
28-03-23, 10:00
Sorry, having a squinty morning. Really hope you can get the better of this.

NinnieRitchie
28-03-23, 10:08
No probs. I am getting therapy and I have managed to reduce my alcohol intake quite a bit. Usually just a normal weekend drinker and am aiming to be teetotal. However, right now the demon of HA and catastrophic thinking has taken over.

NinnieRitchie
01-04-23, 07:49
Update: urine test from GP came back clear, but still waiting for confirmation from the lab, who apparently check after the GP surgery have done their tests. However, I'm now struggling with a constant feeling of needing to pee. Even after I've just been, my bladder still feels full.