PDA

View Full Version : Epigastric pain, trapped burps, ?hpylori

PANIC247
28-03-23, 21:49
Hi all I’ve been experiencing epigastric (upper stomach) burning and pain accompanied by constant trapped burns, metallic taste in mouth and messed up bowel movements. Contacted GP they’ve asked me to do a stool sample to rule out h pylori. Ofcourse this sent me into a panic and I started googling, found h pylori can cause stomach cancer and now I’m worried the pain I’m experiencing is stomach cancer. I know hpylori can lay dormant and cause silent damage and result in stomach ulcers and cancer so now I’m terrified if I do have it I’ve found it too late.

Does anybody have any experience with this horrible bacteria ?

Fishmanpa
28-03-23, 23:17
Sounds like reflux. 'Told Ya So Gang' on standby :winks:

FMP

PANIC247
29-03-23, 08:12
Hi Fishmanpa, thank you for taking the time to reply. I do hope it’s only reflux but I was told it’s unlikely as reflux pain travels up into the chest and sometimes throat area? With acidic burps which I don’t have. I simply experience constancy my trapped burps and burning/gnawing pain in my upper middle stomach area.

Jonathanbrsc
12-04-23, 21:07
Hi Fishmanpa, thank you for taking the time to reply. I do hope it’s only reflux but I was told it’s unlikely as reflux pain travels up into the chest and sometimes throat area? With acidic burps which I don’t have. I simply experience constancy my trapped burps and burning/gnawing pain in my upper middle stomach area.

Hi there, I have similar, any updates?