View Full Version : Patches on skin, really worried it's serious

BrokenGirl
05-04-23, 21:50
My 15 yr old daughter told me about a week ago she has a few "weird patches" on her skin. At the time she had one on her chest and about 3 on her back. They're like reddish/brown and they feel a little dry. They are about the size of half of my thumb.
I told her to put some moisturizer on them and we'll see how it goes. She just told me a while ago that she has more of these patches around her body and wants to go to the doctor to have them looked at. So I said ok, I'll ring tomorrow and make an appointment. I can't help but feel worried about it though.
I know this might sound a bit extreme but I remember somebody I knew a few years ago and she got some sort of skin rash, couldn't go out in the sun with it. A year or two after this she was diagnosed with MS and was told that the skin rash was possibly a first symptom of it.
I'm really worried about my daughter that it could be something serious like this. I really hope I'm over reacting but the thought of it is starting to drive me mad. And with this being an extra long weekend here she probably won't get to see the doctor for about a week.

glassgirlw
06-04-23, 01:53
I used to get these when I was younger. My doc said it was basically eczema. Haven’t had them in years, seemed to go away on its own. I wouldn’t jump to worst case scenarios. Let the doc look at it and see what they say.

Lana
06-04-23, 13:05
I think that dermatologist visit is absolutely due - not because it is anything bad , but because it will calm you completely. I do agree that this is a kind of eczema, for sure. MS - seriously? Refuse the trick your mind plays on you.

BrokenGirl
11-04-23, 00:12
Thank you both for replying. My mind is just all over the place at the moment, going through a very stressful time so it doesn't take much to send my ha into overdrive.
She's going to see the doctor tomorrow so I'll wait and see what she says. I just find it weird that she got all of these patches around her body in such a short space of time.

peg54321
11-04-23, 05:47
Hi, sorry to hear about your daughter. here's a few ideas that come to mind.. could excema, could be stress related, could be allergic reaction like hives, could be covid vaccine related.