PDA

View Full Version : Itchy skin worried about lymphoma

alwaysanxious25
08-04-23, 10:45
Hi all.
The other day I noticed some itching in my legs. now every time i itch i seem to panic about lymphoma because i will get one itch, scratch it and itch somewhere else. it was quite bad last night and had an itch on my arm and then other random places and it felt like my skin was hypersensitive and my clothes made my skin itch more than usual and i can’t stop panicking that i have lymphoma i have no other of the classic symptoms and i am trying to think rationally that i am thinking about my skin itching and hyper fixating on it which makes it worse and its probably more of a placebo where thinking about it makes it worse but i don’t have intense itching where i scratch so hard it bleeds but i just feel so anxious about this

IzzyScot
09-04-23, 17:36
If someone mentions head lice, it will automatically make you want to scratch your head. It’s the same with itching anywhere else.

Itchy skin when you’re thinking about it is so common. But also, this weather because of allergies or even things like washing powder, maybe a perfume or shower gel you’ve used that’s causing you to itch - even if it didn’t before because you can develop allergies to it.

alwaysanxious25
09-04-23, 18:50
thank you! i do agree the more i fixate on it i notice it more, if i think about itching i itch. i did notice today my skin is quite dry. i have put some body cream on so hopefully it will add more moisture into my skin and the itching will stop. I also do suffer from allergies.

thank you

Mocadona
09-04-23, 19:01
If someone mentions head lice, it will automatically make you want to scratch your head. It’s the same with itching anywhere else.

Absolutely!! There was a case of head lice in my child's creche recently and my wife - who doesn't have anxiety at all kept saying her skin was crawling for about 3 days. Thankfully the head lice never made it as far as our house so it was all in her head (thankfully not on it). I won't lie, it was nice to see the tables turned and be the rational person for once:roflmao: