PDA

View Full Version : Cherry angiomas

jwk
11-04-23, 16:59
I’ve had little cherry angiomas (those small red “dots” that appear on your skin and never go away) appear for a few years now and was told they were harmless, and can be related to hormones, etc. I recently found a red dot/spot on my scalp. It’s near the front so I can look at it often, which isn’t helpful for someone who has HA! I was wondering if these can appear on the scalp too, or should I be worried? My ultimate HA fear is skin cancer. I was just at the dermatologist two months ago and she didn’t say anything. Anyone else have these on their scalp??

Punky789
12-04-23, 03:08
Not me, but my husband has many on his scalp (and the rest of his body). His dermatologist says they are fine. He has had one on the scalp removed because it was large-ish and he would catch it when combing his hair or getting a haircut with clippers.

NoraB
12-04-23, 07:59
I’ve had little cherry angiomas (those small red “dots” that appear on your skin and never go away) appear for a few years now and was told they were harmless, and can be related to hormones, etc. I recently found a red dot/spot on my scalp. It’s near the front so I can look at it often, which isn’t helpful for someone who has HA! I was wondering if these can appear on the scalp too, or should I be worried? My ultimate HA fear is skin cancer. I was just at the dermatologist two months ago and she didn’t say anything. Anyone else have these on their scalp??

You can get them anywhere where there is skin. They're harmless. (I have loads of the buggers)

IzzyScot
14-04-23, 01:27
They are also called Morgan De Campbell spots (that’s the other name for them). They’re more apparent on paler skin.

Flapj
14-04-23, 03:50
I have a few on my scalp. I can feel them and see them if I look with a mirror. Pointed them out to my dermatologist and she said they are harmless.

jwk
14-04-23, 18:31
How do I know it’s another cherry spot? It looks similar to my others, but I always question whether I’m under or overreacting! SC can be red too I think! It was probably there when I went to the dermatologist two months ago but I can’t say for sure. I’m pregnant too and I’ve heard you can get more when you’re pregnant.

Fishmanpa
14-04-23, 18:35
You've had 4 very reassuring replies. If you're still that concerned, see your doctor. 'Told Ya So' gang on standby ;)

FMP