PDA

View Full Version : Freaking out over pelvic ultrasound result

Rootytooty
13-04-23, 02:00
Hi all

i am post menopausal and on hrt. I have not been a good absorber of hrt and so, under clinical guidance I am on a high dose. My last bloods came back showing my oestrogen was high for the first time. This sent me into a panic, so I booked a private ultrasound to check the lining of my womb.

Result came back as 3.3mm, which is under the threshold to start worrying, but the sonographer put on the report that the lining appeared bright, with a question mark and the word significance. I can’t sleep for wondering if it’s something sinister :weep:

Added to that, I have a cyst on my left ovary, which has been there for some years. In 2020 & 2021 it was 8mm, but today it was 14mm, so that’s causing me worry too.

I know I can’t expect any medical opinions, but just wondering if Amy one else has experienced anything similar?

I can’t sleep and my anxiety is through the roof

Rooty xx

peg54321
17-04-23, 08:36
maybe you should consider lowering your HRT dose? do u feel HRT is helping you? Personally I toughed menopause out without taking it. It was hell on earth and who knows which is the better way to go.