PDA

View Full Version : Hips

TheArcher90
17-04-23, 16:00
For context I did a hike on Saturday, 7 miles, half of it across rocky terrain and up very steep hills. My lower back was feeling strain by end of it.

Anyway, 48 hours later today I've had a twitch buckle feeling left side of hip and down my left thigh. Logic is telling me that i did an intense (for me) hike and muscles are going back to normal. Anxiety fears ALS or brain tumor and my legs will give way.

BlueIris
17-04-23, 16:15
I walked 8 miles on the flat a couple of weeks back and I was shuffling like an OAP for about four days afterwards. No need to stress, this is normal.

Mocadona
17-04-23, 16:35
Yeah a definite case of cause and effect there! Outer leg could be the IT Band, stretch the hip flexors and the glutes and see how you get on in a few days.

NoraB
19-04-23, 07:25
We went for a walk at the weekend...

It was supposed to be a stroll around a National Trust park, but we ended up lost and wading through boggy-reeds and at one point we were on a road with Batty Boy staring at his phone saying, "I don't know where we are". (Dude has always claimed to be proficient at orienteering...) :lac:

By that point, the joy of seeing the new-born lambs in the fields full of daffodils had worn off; I was semi-delirious and craving a Mars bar, not to mention the crankiness because my hips, lower back, groin, and knees were giving me some serious gyp...

Ooh, almost forgot my trembly thighs...

Archer, you can expect to feel aches and pains after 7 miles. (I was buggered after 1) :blush: