PDA

View Full Version : Left rib pain 1 month, spiraling

Meglen
22-04-23, 19:12
It’s been a while since I have posted. I am 48, smoker and have healthy anxiety and GAD.
for a month now I have had pain in left side rib. Went to GI doc and he is doing CT scan next week but I am terrified I have stomach, colon, spleen or lung cancer.
symptoms are:
left lower rib pain 1 month
Constant belching 1 month
no appetite 1 month
pain that radiates to mid back
stool that is soft or normal but pale in color

he wants to do a colonoscopy as well so that is scheduled for the end of May.
has anyone else had these symptoms and it turned out to be nothing?
i keep telling myself it all stress and anxiety but would these symptoms last this long and be constant?
thank you for your replies! Xoxo

Meglen
23-04-23, 17:05
Anyone? Please respond, I am a wreck

Meglen
23-04-23, 17:08
I posted this also in Health Anxiety tab but didn’t get any response.

It’s been a while since I have posted. I am 48, smoker and have healthy anxiety and GAD.
for a month now I have had pain in left side rib. Went to GI doc and he is doing CT scan next week but I am terrified I have stomach, colon, spleen or lung cancer.
symptoms are:
left lower rib pain 1 month
Constant belching 1 month
no appetite 1 month
pain that radiates to mid back
stool that is soft or normal but pale in color

he wants to do a colonoscopy as well so that is scheduled for the end of May.
has anyone else had these symptoms and it turned out to be nothing?
i keep telling myself it all stress and anxiety but would these symptoms last this long and be constant?
thank you for your replies! Xoxo

nomorepanic
23-04-23, 21:11
Hi

This is just a courtesy reply to let you know that your thread was merged with another of your threads.

Please when posting on similar topics add it onto your previous post rather than starting a new one.

It is nothing personal it is just to make it easier for people to follow your story and to give you advice as a whole.

girlrock
28-04-23, 01:18
I have had a pain under my left rib on and off for a few years now. At first it terrified me because my dad had pancreatic cancer. I was soooo convinced at one point that it was the same. I have a feeling that it could be something with my spleen. I do feel like it happens around times I’ve been sick with a virus. I’m auto-immune, though. Your lack of appetite is likely your anxiety. Hang in there! I know the upcoming tests can increase HA, but once they are over you will know for sure that you are fine! Hugs!

Texasgirl87
16-05-23, 18:22
Hi I have left rib pain too afraid to go to doc. Also have pale stool. How are you now?

serith
23-05-23, 19:01
I get pain in my left side randomly, sometimes its exacerbated by exercise, sometimes by eating, sometimes neither... very sporadic. It's been happening since october, I have no clue what it is-- I got an abdominal US which showed nothing. Endoscopy showed other things but nothing related. I am going back to the GI doctor just to mention it again...