PDA

View Full Version : Night sweats

itiswhatitis
30-04-23, 16:48
Hi..

Last two nights I've woken up a couple of times drenched in sweat. I currently have an infection (sneezing, minor coughing, minor fever and generally feeling unwell) that I picked up last weekend while visiting the zoo with a family friend (one of the kids was sniffly so I imagine I picked something up from them) - been feeling this way since Tues but only had the sweats Fri and Sat night - took a covid test which was negative so probably some other virus.
Can these types of infections/illnesses cause night sweats?

I'm also currently awaiting an appointment at the breast clinic (my appt is 19th May) after finding a lump, went to doc who wasn't overly concerned but refered me for my peace of mind (this was back in Feb) my appt date just came through this week so I've been fairly anxious about this which is making me really over think everything. I'm just concerned that the night sweats could be symptom of something serious and I don't know whether to wait patiently for my appointment or rush back to doc this week (I really don't want to waste their time but you know know how it gets with HA.. massive concern)

Thanks for any reassurance

itiswhatitis
30-04-23, 16:52
Oh also - night sweats are something that I've had before. I don't get them regularly. But over years I probably get them like this maybe a handful of times. I had a bladder infection a couple years ago and got night sweats with that. so.. trying to reasure myself.. night sweats can be related to infections like this, right?