PDA

View Full Version : Each Symptom as destructive as the next

Saintdee78
04-05-23, 17:33
Hi All,

I am a longtime GAD sufferer, also very big HA sufferer, and am waiting for an ADHD assessment to be done. I have recently been through and still going through a big HA episode. Had bloods taken because was feeling lightheaded and generally unwell, and came back slightly low potassium so need do them again in a week or two time, but the moment something isn’t perfect or 100% ok, I jump online and do my usual research which will always lead me to the worst case scenario. Now this isn’t just around health, it’s everyday dam day that I wake up. I open my eyes and for about 5 seconds I have a fairly normal refreshed feeling. And then 5 seconds go by and boom there I am again feeling tired, nervous, achey, thinking about everything that the day might bring or that the night has already brought! Checking my phone to see if anything bad as happened with family or friends and checking everyone in house is ok. All of this and I haven’t even swung my legs out the bed yet. From that very first moment until i go back to bed at night I am in a constant state of hyper awareness for everything, from my health and every little twinge or pain being serious, to work emails coming through making me think somethings wrong, to hoping family and friends are ok if I hear a siren and then needing to check, to my phone ringing meaning bad news, I can go on and on. My body, my mind, my very core is exhausted, and this has been almost 30 years. So I’m listing my symptoms and would like to hear if similar to others.
1- so tired and can sleep in day but not as easy at night and can be laying awake until the early hours
2- fatigue, similar to above but more about my body just feeling draining of any power
3- eyes stinging or burning all the day that you just want to close them for a little relief, but as soon as open it’s the same
4- lightheaded or dizzy, this can either be for hours or on and off every couple minutes
5- needing the toilet for ones or twos on a regular basis. My IBS plays a big part in this one
6- Bloating, again IBS plays it’s part, but even when not eaten anything I still get bloating tight stomach
7- needing to take deep breaths or feeling that I’m not getting enough oxygen, and then spending time focusing on this resulting in getting stressed and anxious which causes more problems
8- feeling strong heartbeat in my head or sinus area and a kind of whooshing in my ears
9- eye focusing, feel that when I look away to something else I get a bit dizzy and need to focus on focusing
10- craving sugary foods because I’m feeling weak or shaky and thinking my blood sugar levels are low, but they are not so I just end up overloading on crap food
11- aching muscles and joints (I’m 45 I’m I should expect this a little) but I sometimes feel 85
12- tensing of jaw and neck and everything else! I suddenly think about my shoulders and realise I’m hunched and tell myself to relax them, 10 minutes later they are back up, it’s like a default position! Same with my jaw!

So I’m going to stop there but could go on and on, but these are some of my main ones. Does this ring any bells with anyone else on a daily basis?

Big love and hugs to you all

Sparkling_Fairy
05-05-23, 13:35
Literally all of them, most days. Today I'm feeling numbers 1, 2, 3, 5, 6, 8, 9 and 12. But a lot of days I have all of them. And have had for years.
Very common symptoms of anxiety.
I wish I could give you advice on how to get better, but I'm still getting there myself. I know accepting your symptoms and just letting them be is a big one, and I feel like I'm close to reaching that point with all my symptoms. There are still some that scare me, but I'm trying to get to a stage of acceptance.
But how to stop the anxious thoughts or constant checking of things, I honestly don't know.