PDA

View Full Version : Referred for ultrasound trying to stay rational

LF87
22-05-23, 14:52
Hi,
I went to my doctors last week about an armpit lump that's been there about 2 years. I had it checked two years ago and she said she wasn't worried. I accepted that. But lately I've noticed it again so went back.
She felt it and said she's not concerned its sinister and thinks it's a cyst/lipoma, but wanted a diagnostic. I asked her several times if she thought it could be cancerous. She said no I'm not concerned about that but want to have on record what it is.
Can anyone help me. I'm obviously terrified about the ultrasound and that they'll say it's cancer.
Thank you

Fishmanpa
22-05-23, 16:02
She felt it and said she's not concerned its sinister and thinks it's a cyst/lipoma, but wanted a diagnostic. I asked her several times if she thought it could be cancerous. She said no I'm not concerned about that but want to have on record what it is.
Can anyone help me.

That's all the help you need.

FMP

AnxietyGirl30
22-05-23, 17:21
Hi,
I went to my doctors last week about an armpit lump that's been there about 2 years. I had it checked two years ago and she said she wasn't worried. I accepted that. But lately I've noticed it again so went back.
Can anyone help me. I'm obviously terrified about the ultrasound and that they'll say it's cancer.
Thank you

Well the fact it’s been there two years and nothing has come of it should reassure you along with the doctor not being concerned and the doctor who checked it previously not being concerned. Surely if it was something sinister you would have known about it by now!
Just go for the ultrasound not because it’s anything scary but out of interest you will know what it is :)

LF87
22-05-23, 22:57
Thank you both!
Just trying not to slip into the crazy zone 😫 but yes I'm sure something else would have manifested in that time.
Thanks again x