PDA

View Full Version : 4 Days Off Citalopram

Frankie23
27-11-07, 13:20
Finally off them so far so good had a few anxious moments but main thing ive noticed is my mood isnt as hyper. Ive not had a cigratte since Friday or an alcoholic drink.

How can I increase my mood slightly

Claire is scared
27-11-07, 20:03
Good job on hanging in there. I don't know how long or what dose of the drug you were on, but Omega3 supplements can help a great deal during the withdrawl process.

Best of luck !

Frankie23
28-11-07, 09:57
4 on 20mg's for 3 months then 10mg's for a month then off them

Omega 3 you say il look into that x

neil1975
01-12-07, 22:42
Hi,

I've just come off Citalopram as well. I've been off them for just over a week. I was 10 mg for about 4 months then cut the pills in half and took 5 mg for a month and just stopped after that.
The main thing i've been getting are these electric shock/ pulse type feelings in my body. Very weird.
I've been getting a few odd horrible palps too. Also feeling more tired but not sleeping as well. Have you had any of these symptoms?
I have read that this is normal and will pass.
This is quite interesting

http://www.benzo.org.uk/healy.htm

Neil

Frankie23
04-12-07, 13:59
Aye ive been getting the Zaps

How you coping?

Ozzy
04-12-07, 15:26
When i come off theses the buzzey feeling like you hit a funny bone in your head or something will pass its hard to explane i had the same thing its normal i think I went on to some other antidepressants a week later and it had passed by then so i think it only lasts a few days

Frankie23
05-12-07, 17:29
There a night mare

Well today has been my worse day ive been sick upteen times and im fed up

rufus
04-01-08, 18:24
Hi, not been on the site for a while as been on citalopram for 10 months and feeling really good. Now just coming off them and took my last dose on Monday. I've also been having similar symptoms to those you describe and wondered if you've got over them yet?

Its not unbearable but just a bit weird. Hope it has passed for you now, would be interested to know?

cheers, Rufus

rufus
04-01-08, 18:26
Hi again, sorry, meant to say the symptoms were similar to Neils! hope all of you in this sub forum are doing well!

xx