PDA

View Full Version : Worried sick over ovarian cancer fear

Candy1
27-05-23, 16:43
I have been worried sick over ovarian cancer fear. I am not coping well and crying everyday because of this. I have been having ovarian pains on and off for a few months now. My period has been late 10 days the last 3 months. So I ended up going to the doctor, he felt around my pelvis and said everything feels normal, no pain when pressing and abdomen feels nice and soft. He said that ovarian cancer would not normally show up with pain and I have no other symptoms such as bloating. He says the majority of women who have this kind of pain are diagnosed with ovarian cysts. It could even be a fibroid that is shrinking (I think I'm going through Peri menopause, im 45) and since my periods are getting further apart and I'm not bleeding all the time that is also a reassuring sign. He suggested a pelvic ultrasound, and on the requisition it questions ovarian cysts. He said I don't have to rush to do it. I booked an appointment for Monday, I am actually spiraling again with anxiety, I can't stop crying and thinking the worst. What if he's wrong? I'm so afraid they are going to find something. I can't even function right now.

nomorepanic
27-05-23, 22:11
But what if it is nothing and you panicked yourself into something serious.

You can function if you change your mindset into being more positive and not thinking the worse - that is just the HA taking control.

Candy1
27-05-23, 23:00
Thats what I keep telling myself, but those intrusive thoughts keep kicking in and then the sharp pains come and I panic. :(

Nik2502
28-05-23, 08:14
Hi

I am going through similar. I had a hysteroscopy last week due post menopausal bleeding and I am making myself ill with worry and anxiety.
I just can’t switch off.
My womb lining was thick and sent off for a biopsy so am waiting on the results. However I’ve convinced myself I’ve got ovarian cancer and they’ve missed it.
I’ve got pelvic pain and other aches which I’m convinced is cancer.
Im finding it hard to think straight. All I think about is dying. I’m terrified.
I know if anything was found they would be in touch quickly but my brain just doesn’t believe it.

I just hope I can break this cycle before I make myself really poorly.

Thanks Nik

Candy1
28-05-23, 16:15
I'm so worry you are going through this. It's very scary and I totally understand your fear. My doctor did tell me ovarian cancer usually does not cause pain. I am going for an ultrasound tomorrow and have been crying all weekend, I'm so scared. How long ago was the biopsy? I hope you get answers soon so you have some relief. Sending you hugs 💕

Nik2502
28-05-23, 19:18
It’s awful isn’t it?
I hope your ultrasound goes well. My ultrasound was fine but the biopsy was horrific. No pain relief and it was awful. I was screaming and crying.
It was done on Wednesday.
big hugs x

Candy1
29-05-23, 01:53
It is the worst feeling. I'm just sick with panic. Thanks so much, good luck to you also.

Candy1
29-05-23, 22:53
How are you doing today? I had my ultrasound and it was awful. I cried right there on the table. She took forever trying to scan my pancreas liver area, taking so many pics, telling me to hold my breath and was pushing really hard. It felt like forever. I told her she was scaring me and she said that I had a lot of gas and trying to take the pictures. She them had me stand up and scanned that area again and finally said this is great, I got some good pictures now. I'm so paranoid now that she found something in that area because she was focusing so hard. It doesn't end. Health anxiety is a living nightmare

Angiee74
30-05-23, 06:57
No ! I work in the medical field and I can tell you they just need to get pictures. Usually if they find some thing unusual you would be hearing from the doctor or the ultrasound tech themselves or the radiologist Cindy. I’ll let you go so that means that everything is probably fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Candy1
30-05-23, 13:28
Thank you so much, I am hoping to get the results soon. I am Not able to get my mind off of them. I am so scared if they find something. She really freaked me out. The pelvic ultrasound was quick, but the abdominal felt like it took forever

Candy1
31-05-23, 16:18
Still no results. I am terrified and this wait is brutal:(