PDA

View Full Version : Newbie

Peacheywoo
27-11-07, 13:29
Afternoon all

I've come across this site whilst on an internet trawl trying to find ways to help my hubby. He's been off work for 5 weeks so far (this time) and has another month off.
He's on Citalopram which is helping a bit and he sees a counsellor weekly (last 3 weeks) but the anxiety and panics don't seem to be settling very much - I'm averaging 2-4 hours sleep a night and working full time so do find it hard going at times

Any helpful suggestions on coping techniques I can teach him and does anyone have any experience of how long Citalopram takes to kick in.

Thanks

Peach

honeybee3939
27-11-07, 13:36
Hi Peach

Welcome to NMP, its lovely to see you here, im sure the site will be of great help for your hubby hun.:)

You could get him to check out all the links on the left hand side of this page, theres a good section about coping techniques under the self help section.

Citalopram usually takes 4 to 6 weeks to start taking effect but usually heightens your anxiety to start with. I took Citalopram for 10years on and off and they really helped me.

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Fall Out Boy
27-11-07, 17:27
Whassup peach :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

trac67
27-11-07, 17:39
Hi,

Welcome to the forum, you will get a lot of good advice here and make some new friends

take care

Trac xxx

groovygranny
27-11-07, 19:06
Hello Peachywoo:welcome: to you!

Everybody is different - it took Citalopram about 4 weeks for me, and things did get worse before they got better, but oh the relief when they did! Others take longer and yet some have no problems at all. Hang on in there and I'm sure it'll pay off soon. And your support and understanding will be invaluable to your hubby.:hugs:

You'll find plenty of help and support here - pleased to meet you!

:flowers:

nomorepanic
27-11-07, 19:08
Hi Peach

A warm :welcome: aboard and lovely to see you here.

Hope we can be of some help to you.

Nibbles
27-11-07, 19:52
Hi Peach and :welcome:

You'll get loads of advice and support here while making new friends along the way. There is some great information about how to cope in the links on the left. Citalopram tends to take about 4-6 weeks to build up and during that time you can feel the anxiety increases for a while.

Take care,

Mike :)

Lindalou64
28-11-07, 01:09
HELLO PEACH AND WELCOME TO THE SITE.........LINDA

Joe1981
28-11-07, 04:48
Welcome to the site!

Peacheywoo
28-11-07, 09:26
Thanks guys.....I'm going to sign hubby up later. I think this site will be a big help to him :yesyes:

manmoor
28-11-07, 16:29
Hi Peachy,

A big warm welcome to you. xx

Pink Princess
29-11-07, 01:24
http://www.stormymoongraphics.com/caimages/Toodles%20Welcome%20Graphic.gif

love the name :) take kare xxxxxxx