PDA

View Full Version : What meds have helped/life transition stuff

ErinKC
28-05-23, 17:19
Hi all - In the last few years I’ve generally considered my anxiety under control. But, in the past few months it’s been creeping in. I think it’s because after being a stay at home mom and a law student and working from home through all the years of my anxiety, being back out in the world has started to trigger me a bit.

I’ve been working part time in an office for the past year and it’s mostly been fine. But I think there have maybe been two or three times I’ve had a bit of a mild panic attack at work. It’s not got to the point where I’m scared of having the panic attacks so I take my lorazepam proactively. It’s become too much of a crutch now.

If I feel the slightest light headedness or tingly fingers I immediately take it, worried I’ll end up in full blow panic.

I am in between therapists right now (my last one just got way too chummy with me and I was paying her basically to chat about my school and work stuff and kids etc.). I have a possible person lined up, so we’ll see how that goes.

But, in the fall I’ll start and internship in addition to my part time job and then I’ll study for the bar exam and then I’ll start a very prestigious judicial clerkship for a year. I am so so worried my anxiety will derail me as I begin this new and exciting chapter. Becoming a lawyer is 100% my calling. I just turned 40 and I know now exactly what I’m meant to be doing.

But then the intrusive thoughts come. In addition to just worrying about my anxiety I keep having terrible thoughts like, now I’ll end up sick with something or die right when I finish this accomplishment.

So, I’m thinking it might be time to talk to my doctor about some long term meds. But I don’t know where to start and I don’t want just a one size fits all. Folks with health anxiety specifically, what has helped you? Any and all advice and recommendations welcome!!!

BlueIris
29-05-23, 04:23
Citalopram was a game changer for me.

ErinKC
29-05-23, 13:47
Thanks, Blue!