PDA

View Full Version : UTI not resolved after 3x antibiotics. Scared

~*Helen*~
29-05-23, 09:52
Hey all,

Looking for some reassurance here.

Been battling UTI symptoms for 10 days or so. Dip test showed white blood cells, but two cultures have been negative.

Despite this, I have increased urine frequency and also burning around my urethra entrance much of the time.

I've been on Nitrofurantoin, Trimethoprim and now just taken some fosfomycin. Hoping for a miracle.

I'm terrified I'm going to feel this way forever.

Has anyone been through similar?

Nik2502
29-05-23, 13:21
Hi

I worked in urology and this is a really common problem. Womens urethras are short and prone to recurrent infection.
Drink plenty of water and no fizzy pop or coffee!
Cultures often show nothing as it’s more irritation that infection.
You’ll be okayx

QUOTE=~*Helen*~;2074794]Hey all,

Looking for some reassurance here.

Been battling UTI symptoms for 10 days or so. Dip test showed white blood cells, but two cultures have been negative.

Despite this, I have increased urine frequency and also burning around my urethra entrance much of the time.

I've been on Nitrofurantoin, Trimethoprim and now just taken some fosfomycin. Hoping for a miracle.

I'm terrified I'm going to feel this way forever.

Has anyone been through similar?[/QUOTE]

~*Helen*~
29-05-23, 13:25
Thank you so much. I have been doing just that so will keep going.

smogie
30-05-23, 15:12
I too am experiencing just this have had a couple of UTI’s in the last two months first one three lots of antibiotics second time two lots but since then I too have had two tests where only white blood cells showed up but no infection or blood and it’s really worrying me

katniss
30-05-23, 15:33
My mother in law had this recently as well. It cleared up eventually! So don’t worry! Are the labs testing for the specific bacteria?

smogie
30-05-23, 15:56
Yes I think so my anxiety is high about why the white blood cells but no infection got me worrying there might be something really bad going on I have to take another sample in today to send for cultures but don’t think there will be as only sent one last week! I can’t win with myself I worried when there was blood and infection now I’m worried when there isn’t ��