PDA

View Full Version : Thyroid Cancer - really freaking out

louise0501
30-05-23, 20:01
Hey there. I'm really freaking out I may have thyroid cancer. I can't feel a lump but I have been getting some pains in my neck/collarbone area for a while but didn't think to much of it. Also constantly feel like there's something in my neck but thought I was imagining things and like when I'm driving feeling like the seat belt is tighter than it is but again just thought I was focusing on it to much. I went to the doctor today for my anxiety as I've been through a lot lately. The doctor prescribed me propranolol for my anxiety has anyone taken this before? She also ordered a blood test and checked my blood pressure which was a little High at 138/94. I'm now so stressed out that I've got thyroid cancer as I looked the symptoms and it said feeling like your shirt is getting tighter. I also keep feeling like I wanna tilt my head to one side. I'm really scared. Anyone got any advice/reassurance?

Please reply
Louise. Xxxxxxxxxx

longnovember
31-05-23, 00:07
Hi Louise, I don’t think your symptoms sound like thyroid cancer, just stress. I have taken propranolol in the past. It really helped take the edge off my nerves, but I am prone to migraines and it always gave me a headache. I also have been getting a pain in my left collarbone for the past year, can’t find anything there, it comes and goes, but always on the left. I think it’s just a normal ache , nothing serious.

nomorepanic
31-05-23, 00:26
Louise - you have had so many cancers over the years and none have ever come true

Isn't it time now to treat the HA - the REAL problem here?

Deepseathree
03-06-23, 08:02
It seems like you’re just looking for symptoms to confirm your worries. You’re also more in tune with every little thing your body is doing right now due to your anxiety.

Your main problem is the anxiety. It’s never easy to just accept that that may be what all the problems are coming from. Try speaking to your healthcare provider about trying something out. It can literally be life changing.

As for the beta blocker, is there any reason why they gave that to you right away? Have you had a history of high blood pressure? I would assume first that you were having anxiety and maybe white coat syndrome first before actually thinking you had hypertension. It’s low enough that lifestyle changes may bring it down. Not saying don’t talk the medication, but these are some other things you should bring up with your healthcare provider.

melie1818
06-06-23, 21:55
It’s highly unlikely that you have thyroid cancer and even if you did it has an extremely high cure rate. I was booked in for a biopsy on my thyroid as I was told at a scan that my nodule was borderline but then at my biopsy appt it wasn’t needed as the main consultant said it looked normal. However when I was got upset at th scan appt I was told that people can live with it till old age and never know because it’s rarely deadly and is usually just an incidental finding. Please try not to worry.