PDA

View Full Version : Bladder cancer

chatty girl
31-05-23, 10:52
Oh I'm in a mess. A real mess. It's a long story but I'm absolutely convinced now I have bladder cancer. All started about 4-5 weeks ago after rough oral inside me, then urgency to pee, dip said showed white cells and protine. Given antibiotics nitrofurantoin x2, three samples sent to lab have come back with red blood cells but no bacteria. Given another antibiotic something beginning with F in a sachet.

Re did urine test yesterday but fully expecting blood again, guess then referral to urologist and scan. I don't know if the urgency to wee is still there for real or in my head. Also my wee has lots of white stuff floating in it like tissue paper almost. I told the doc but she wasn't bothered about that.

I'm in a dark place. It's half term and my boy is here, all I want to do is cry. In fact I did yesterday when I got the text from the docs at the zoo and I ruined his day and we left.

Does anyone ever just think maybe not being here would be better, for you and everyone. I'm so tired of being me.

xx

smogie
31-05-23, 15:10
I’ve currently got similar worries but I have had friends who often get UTI’s after sex I think it’s a common thing also some UTI’s can be stubborn and hard to treat hope you find some peace soon x

chatty girl
31-05-23, 15:43
Thank Smogie

Just had a quick look at your posts seems really similar. It's the red blood cells that are worrying me. I'm hoping to speak to a doc tomorrow, be referred or at least explain things to me. The doctor I spoke to yesterday I could hardly hear so it wasn't helpful at all.

What's the next plan for you?

PM if you prefer to chat there x

smogie
31-05-23, 17:22
I submitted another sample for the lab yesterday the red blood cells seemed to have gone also the symptoms have gone but the samples are still showing high white cells have a follow up with gp on Monday and am sure she will refer me and just the thought of this has my anxiety sky high just want it all to go away xx

chatty girl
01-06-23, 09:39
I just spoke to my doctor who knows me well. She said my current sample still had white and red blood cells but the white cells are coming down, red the same. She is confident it's a infection and my body is slowly fighting it! Results from the most recent wee sample should be in today. I said what happens if the white go and the red are left She said then I will refer you to a urologist. But she thinks it's all inflammation and christ knows what!!!!!

smogie
01-06-23, 16:47
That all sounds quite positive for you my latest sample came back today and the white cells have dropped to half of what they were not spoke to doctor seeing her on Monday I’m hoping it is something similar she also said if there was blood it would mean a referral so I praying no more appears ��������