PDA

View Full Version : Leukoplakia on my vocal cord

Gordknight
01-06-23, 03:43
So I did an internet search scouring for stories that are similar to mine to get some self assurance and mental peace and they just flat out dont exist. I am a 40 year old man and am in shape and eat healthily. Been trying to kick vaping for a while (2 weeks vape free) but about 2 weeks ago I started to get a hoarse voice and pain in my throat and ears etc. (I also suffered from reflux in the past but it has been dormant a long time). I boiled it down to just being some sort of reflux or illness. However it continued so I got an appointment with an ENT. Went in today and he scoped me (my last scope was about 1 1/2 years ago for different reasons and all was clear then) and he told me he found Leukoplakia on my right vocal cord. He gave me some reflux medication and told me to stay off of vaping and alcohol and he wants to check it again in 6 weeks to see if it has resolved. These lesions he said can be precancerous and if it isnt improving in 6 weeks he will go the route of biopsy and surgery etc. He did say not to freak out and not to check google. LOL fat chance for someone like us right? Well I looked and I cant find similar stories, just floods of Leukoplakia always turning to cancer to never turning to cancer and other full blown cancer stories.

Has anyone had an experience like this and can provide any insight or reassurance? Thanks in advance.

Gordknight
26-06-23, 03:55
Guess it is as rare as I thought lol.