PDA

View Full Version : ear pimple

crystalrk
01-06-23, 12:52
so lately ive been worried about pimples since i itched one the other day and it just came off and ive been worried about infections. the other day i itched my ear and noticed a bump but didnt think much of it. today though i itched it and after awhile it just vanished so i think it was a pimple that popped. im unsure if this has happened before to me. but when i google it the only things that come up is how horrible it is to do that and that a horrific infection might happen. im terrified of this and just want to know if anyone thinks this might happen. im just worried ill get a really horrible infection. i dont have anything to disinfect the area and it was like inside my ear so i dont even know if i could. worried about sepsis or meningitis happening.

kyllikki
01-06-23, 15:41
I hate those suckers, they HURT. But life threatening?? ...Nah. Your eardrum is there as a literal physical buffer, and your face, neck, and scalp have some of the best 'infection patrol' in your entire body, precisely because that's where most of the holes are.

In terms of practical advice, though, I get a lot of gross skin buildup around my ears from a combination of glasses frames and earbuds, and it's worse in the summer when it's warmer. I find that focusing on that area with shampoo/soap and then making sure I dry off all the ear folds with a q-tip afterwards REALLY helps. But most important is to keep your fingers out of your ears!! Seriously, it's not good. Picking is linked to mental health stuff, anyway. Address your anxiety, step up the hygiene routine during sweaty weather, and you'll be fine.

ErinKC
01-06-23, 21:37
I’ve been popping pimples for 30 years and I’m still here!