PDA

View Full Version : Worrying bump

louise0501
02-06-23, 01:48
Hi, sorry I'm back again. I'm freaking out again. My HA is so horrendous at the moment and I have so many different worrying symptoms. Lately I have been getting some odd pains in the area below my collarbone and it feels a bit tender when something leans on it like my son will quite often lean on that area with his arm when he's showing me something. Tonight I was just having a feel and I felt a tiny bump under the skin in that area. I'm now crying and completely freaking out. You have to feel for it. I'm so worried. I've googled again and now my mind is spiralling. Any ideas what it could be? Could it be cancer? Anyone have anything similar?

Please reply
Louise. Xxxxxxxxxx

thebluerecluse
02-06-23, 06:08
Hi Louise,

I had something similar in the back of my thigh. Was quite worried as it was firm and immobile, which everyone else seems to say are danger signs. It was even starting to randomly twinge and ache when walking or if I sat down in an odd position.

Managed to get to a GP and then ultrasound within a week (Aussie healthcare is pretty fantastic) and it was just a lipoma.

It could be cancer - I don't say that to alarm you but understanding and accepting that is part of living with HA. Much, much more likely it is something harmless like a lipoma or swollen lymph node.

Best wishes,
Ken

louise0501
02-06-23, 09:16
The thing is I have been getting pain and soreness in that area for a couple if months and I thought I felt a bump a while ago but then couldn't feel it again and now I have felt it again. If I've left it 2 months and it is something bad it's probably spread by now? Would I be really unwell if it has? I'm so scared. I'm going on holiday today for the weekend and I'm completely spiralling.

Please reply.
Love Louise xxxxxxxxxx

BlueIris
02-06-23, 09:36
Cancer lumps don't come and go - you're going to be fine.

longnovember
03-06-23, 02:19
I mentioned this in another post, but my collarbone hurts quite a bit, tender and achy, and nothing is wrong. I have a pretty large lymph node on that side right above my collarbone that I freaked out about years ago and had an ultrasound on and it was normal. Been there for years unchanged. I think you will be fine, try to enjoy your holiday.

louise0501
05-06-23, 20:13
Hey, I'm still desperately worried about this. The bump is definitly there but it's so tiny, it takes me a while to find it. It feels quite sore when pressed on and when my shirt rubs against it, it feels irritated. I'm really freaking out so badly. It's in the area below my collarbone but above the breasts. You can't see it. I think I might have had it a couple of months so if its cancer it definitly would've spread. Any ideas what it could be? I've been getting pain in that area but thought it was stress.

Please reply
Love Louise xxxxxxxxxx

louise0501
06-06-23, 16:04
Hey again. I'm really freaking out about this, I can't think of anything else. I can't stop googling all day. I have a son to look after that has additional needs and I'm a single parent. I have a blood test tomorrow and I just keep imagining the doctor telling me it's bad and I need further tests. This bump in my chest has to be cancer, there's nothing else it can be. It hurts if I press down on it. I'm so scared as think I might of had it ages but ignored it as was so scared and had so much going on. It's quite small, probably smaller than a pea. It takes me a while to find it every time. Anyone had anything like this? I've not really heard of anything like this.

Please reply
Love Louise xxxxxxxxxxx