PDA

View Full Version : Anyone in UK heard about missing benefit information?

angiebaby
27-11-07, 17:50
Hi, it has been all over the news recently that an awful lot of personal details and information on families in Newcastle, Staffordshire and Stoke on Trent has gone missing and could be in the wrong hands. I had a feeling but:
I have had a personal letter of apology today from the acting chairman of the benefits to say that all of my information and personal details are missing and so are all the information and personal details of my three children!
I have been having a really tough time for the last day, feeling really terrible and ill and this has made me so much worse now. I am gutted and not so bothered about myself but i really don't like the idea of my childrens details out there somewhere in god knows who's hands to do whatever with! It is so scary. Has anyone else's gone missing at all and has anyone else had a letter like me?x

kate
27-11-07, 18:22
I also had a letter today from them saying the same.

To be honest, I'm not worried about it. If bank details have been leaked to "dodgey" sources then any monies nicked will be given back to us.

Perhaps I should be worrying, but I'm not :ohmy:

Kate

mirry
27-11-07, 18:39
This has effected the whole of the uk , I live in Hampshire and got the same letter. I personally think they are making a big fuss about nothing.
When you think about it , we fill in forms for benifits ect , pop them in the post with all our details on it , NH number ,bank details, kids names EVERYTHING.