PDA

View Full Version : i did it!!! yes!!!

honeybee
27-11-07, 18:01
well today i finally made it to the shop and bought a paper... a small achievement you may think but i dont really go out on my own (and havent for the last 3 years) so the 20 min walk was amazing...

i was stood outside for about 5 mins panicing at the thought of going in but i just thought ''f*** it'' and did it. i'm so proud of myself. it's given me so much freedom just being able to go to the shop to buy stuff if i need it.

i know this is the beggining of getting my life back and that makes me so so so happy. the CBT i've been getting has definatly helped. i have no doubt that by this time next year i'll be working again and be beaming with confidence. come on world!!!

i just wanna say to all of you - just do it - the sence of achievement i'm feeling is incredable. :yesyes:

groovygranny
27-11-07, 18:37
Woohoooo Honeybee!

You did it....you JFDI !!!!

That is truly brilliant news, and so encouraging - thanks for sharing it with us!!

http://th216.photobucket.com/albums/cc242/bomaalbum/th_congrats01.jpg

:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

:flowers: :flowers: :flowers:

mirry
27-11-07, 18:51
so pleased for you :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Maybe now you know you can do it , you could do it again and make it a daily thing ? BET YOUR OVER THE MOON:hugs:

happyone
27-11-07, 19:11
Aw hun,

that was lovely to read!
Good for you and thanks for sharing!

Happyone
xxx

nomorepanic
27-11-07, 19:14
Great news and yes it is a fab feeling and now you know that it isn't so scarey I am sure you can go on to bigger things too.

Well done :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

honeybee3939
27-11-07, 19:15
Awww Honey

What fab news!:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: Im realy pleased for you hun......WELL DONE !:yesyes: :yesyes:

Lovely to read of such a positive attitude too, you keep at it your doing just great.:flowers:

Love
:hugs:
Andrea
xxxxx

Nibbles
27-11-07, 21:38
Well done Honeybee. Every journey begins with the first step and you should feel very proud. :yesyes:

yorkylover
27-11-07, 22:27
Well Done:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

kazzie
27-11-07, 22:57
NICE ONE:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Kaz x x x :hugs:

Lindalou64
28-11-07, 01:13
WELL DONE HONETBEE KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK :) .......LINDA

xBettyBoopx
28-11-07, 05:44
I am so happy for you honeybee. This is wonderful news, I bet you felt exilerated (sp):yesyes:
A twenty minute walk is a long way for you, well done!
http://i147.photobucket.com/albums/r307/freecommenttags/Congratulations/snoopydancecongratulations.gif (http://www.freecommenttags.com)

I hope that you can keep it up and soon will be better, congratulations.
Love
Elspeth:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

Joe1981
28-11-07, 06:05
Awesome! 1 step at a time! You did great! Now get back at it!

Keep us posted.

Coni
28-11-07, 07:16
Well done Honeybee....what a fantastic achievement!!! You have every right to feel very very chuffed!

luv Coni XX

PUGLETMUM
28-11-07, 10:02
:yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes: WELL DONE HONEYBEE, THIS IS NOT A SMALL ACHEIVEMENT, KEEP GOING!!!!:hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs: :hugs:

honeybee
28-11-07, 12:22
oh wow!!!
so many replies!!!
thanks guys and gals!!!
i'll be heading off to the shop again in an hour or so so i'll let you know how it goes... thanks for all your encouragement. :yesyes:

sandlin
28-11-07, 12:58
Well done to you - continue to blossom.http://www.nomorepanic.co.uk/flowr002

Lindaxx

mirry
28-11-07, 13:03
see if you can grab any xmas bargains :yesyes: ...good luck :hugs: .

sheena
28-11-07, 13:09
Hi

Well done. I know exactly how you feel. It took me three years and a course of CBT to get me to the corner shop.

It's that feeling of the beginning of your freedom to becoming independant again. I took baby steps and also started slowly to drive my car again. I still have a safe area for driving within a 3 mile distance.

This weekend I am going to see Macbeth in London with my daughter. Her boyfriend is driving us there as there is still no way I could get on a tube or a train. I am full of 'what ifs' but I am also excited.

Bit by bit you will gain your freedom back. Keep going forward, with baby steps.I am so pleased for you.

Sheena

shoegal
28-11-07, 13:13
WELL DONE!!! :yesyes: :yesyes: :yesyes:

That was really brave and I'm so pleased for you.

Love and hugs from shoegal xxx

Anna77
28-11-07, 13:17
That's great news Honeybee - I know how hard these things can be so you've done amazingly well :)

Hope the walk today went well too,

Take care,

Anna :hugs:

Southern_Belle
01-12-07, 05:16
Hi Andrea,

Yes, you are right this is just the beginning, so proud of you.

Love,

Laura

honeybee
03-12-07, 12:57
hello all...

well so far i've been venturing up to the shop while my fella has been at home, each time i've had to more or less be pushed out of the house and forced to 'try my best', each time i've hated my boyfriend for pushing me to do something i've felt i 'just cant do' BUT each time i've made it to the shop and finally gone in and bought something and left feeling so so proud of myself and also loving my fella for pushing me.

my problem has always been with pushing myself - unless i'm in a situation where i've have no choice but to do something i'm scared of i wont do it. anyway, today my boyfriend is at work and i'm planning to go to the shop without him being at home. i'm really scared because before i've been able to tell myself that if i 'freaked out' he could always come to meet me.

anyway, i'll let you know how it goes...

mlondon
03-12-07, 14:03
WELL DONE!!! That is brilliant, i know that sense of achievement it is great! Keep going and make sure you reward yourself!

darkangel
03-12-07, 14:26
Honeybee,

That brought a wee tear to my eye, cos it reminded me of the time many years ago now when I managed out the back door to put something in the bucket after many years of not being able to leave the house. I know how elated you must have felt and Im so proud of you. Give yourself a HUGE pat on the back, and keep challenging those thoughts, well done to you , that has made my day, thank you. Keep going with it cos each tiny step is a huge leap towards getting better.

http://www.joshclay.com/images/Bear1-web.jpg

Well done you, Luv Darkangel x:flowers:

honeybee
03-12-07, 19:38
oh darkangel, you sweetie... thanks for your replies.

well i phoned my fella while he was driving back from work today and decided to start walking to meet him. i walked towards the shop and right past it and carried on and on and on with no anxiety. it felt so good to be outside in the fresh air. i feel it was slightly cheating because i was walking towards my boyfriend but it was about 20mins before i met him. 20 MINS WALK AWAY FROM MY HOME... WOW! thats great for me.

anyway, tomorrow i'll go to the shop and buy something while he's in work.

sorry to keep going on about it but i find telling all you guys keeps me motivated to keep doing it. thanks for your support. i'm finally starting to enjoy pushing myself. i'dd reccomend it to all of you. :yesyes:

pips
04-12-07, 11:13
You Did Just Great Well Done You,:yesyes:

Take Care,:hugs:

Love Pip's X X X X

Pickle
04-12-07, 17:04
Well done Honeybee :yesyes: , you're doing so well, onwards and upwards.

Take care

honeybee
05-12-07, 13:51
hiya all.. well i had a great day yesterday. i went to the shop twice and i also went out for a really long walk to collect berries/pine cones etc to make some xmas decorations in the nearby country park. had a great day. today's not so great though - i feel so so tired - all i've done all day is watch tv - its really not like me. i would just give into it and have a lazy day but i know my fella will come home and ask me what i've done today so i cant get away with doing nothing. anyway, thats my daily update. it feels a shame when i've no energy because i just cant carry on with my action plan to get better.

Pickle
05-12-07, 20:46
Hi Honeybee,

Please don't beat yourself up about today, we all have off days and you've been doing so well up to now. Hopefully you will be back on track tomorrow and we will be reading more great things that you have been up to

Take care

honeybee
12-12-07, 10:26
hiya guys... thought i'd keep you all updated... tonight i plan to get on a bus on my own for the first time in about four years... GULP!... i'm only going to go about 5 miles but i'm terrufied. i'm going to do the first journey with my boyfriend following in the car so it wont be so scary and hopefully it'll build my confidence until i can go out on my own on public transport... anyone got any advice or anything because i'm really scared!!!

SANDYJANE
12-12-07, 18:48
well done .

love sandy xxx

chalky
12-12-07, 18:59
Honeybee,
You are a star!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Congrats!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Keep it up
Chalky