PDA

View Full Version : Rapid weight gain

louise0501
12-06-23, 22:38
Hi there. Since Jan I started losing weight by cutting calories and most weeks I've lost about 1 to 2 pounds a week so quite steady weight loss. I weighed myself Friday and was 11st 5 and I did eat a bit more than I would over the weekend but it just seems to be going up and I just checked and I'm 11 stone 9. That seems a lot of weight gain. I know it can fluctuate a bit. I stupidly googled and said it could be kidney failure. I'm suddenly really panicking? Any reassurance? Could it be normal. I'm a bit constipated could that cause it?

Please reply
Love Louise. Xxxxxxxxxx

ServerError
12-06-23, 22:46
Kidney failure? Blimey. I think you'd be in a worse state if it was kidney failure. Chances are you've either put on a bit of muscle or you're not losing as much water weight as you were. Once you get to a certain point, weight loss often does plateau. You also said you did eat a bit more than you normally would. Constipation could also be a factor. But kidney failure? Come off it.

nomorepanic
12-06-23, 23:39
Louise - I keep asking what you are doing to treat the HA - the REAL issue here.

You need to get on top of things and stop all this over-reacting