PDA

View Full Version : Fear of sepsis, red line, acne!

darlene85
13-06-23, 14:36
I was nervous and trying to pop an acne on my shoulder for days and I ended up with a wound that has some yellowish crust as far as I can tell and this morning I was so scared because it has a little red line which I've read that is a sign of sepsis. You can see it here https://ibb.co/VMjv20C this very small thin line. Is that sepsis?

I put an antibiotic cream today but I am so scared that I will die from sepsis.

BlueIris
13-06-23, 14:58
If you're feeling okay enough to type, then you absolutely don't have sepsis.

darlene85
13-06-23, 15:03
I know that but can't it be the first sign? I mean, you don't feel bad right away, it has to start somewhere.

BlueIris
13-06-23, 15:29
It would have progressed more quickly than this. You know that you have Health Anxiety; keep reminding yourself that you don't have the correct perspective on this.

darlene85
13-06-23, 23:59
Thank you, that calmed me down.

FamilyPicnic
14-06-23, 14:37
Red streaks can mean lymphangitis (which isn't sepsis, but can lead to sepsis). I had this once - two red streaks leading from an infected blister. It was very obvious and the streaks wer about 3"-4". It doesn't look like real obvious streaks in your picture but moreso like general irritation. Does the spot have signs of in infection, such as redness, throbbing? It would have to be infected for lymphangitis or sepsis to occur and you would be aware if there were an infection.