PDA

View Full Version : Throat cancer fear

HyperAnxiety
14-06-23, 17:18
Please help. I've convinced myself I've got throat cancer. I had a sore throat a few weeks ago that was put down to a viral infection. Seemed to recover however was left with voice feeling a little hoarse. I had also been panicked for a couple of months as my throat kept feeling as though it was closing and I constantly had to swallow, I even ended up in AnE one time because of this.

Now, I have started getting a very sore throat again. I went to the GP who thinks it is another virus. However when I looked at the back of my throat I saw this:

<link removed by admin>

I am beside myself with worry. It is like a white mucus on one side one. When I tried to scrape it away with a cotton bud it didn't all come off and it bled. I have noticed that that side has a build up of mucus in the past but this seems much worse. I can't tell if it might be a mass but I am hysterical.

Anybody had anything similar? I will send a pic to the doc tomorrow but for now I just can't help but feel sick.

Thanks so much for any help x

nomorepanic
14-06-23, 17:46
I have removed the picture as we don't allow them as we are not doctor's.

Just see the what the doctor says but I really don't think it is cancer.

HyperAnxiety
14-06-23, 17:59
No problem sorry x I have noticed quite a few pictures on here. I will not post more.